We are overwhelmed and grateful for the support of our school communities in response to our communication regarding school funding on 21st February 2017. We would like to reiterate the following points:
1) It is as a result of our prudent financial planning and robust scrutiny as a multi-academy trust that we have identified and addressed the financial challenges that lie ahead, based on insufficient funding from the Department of Education to continue with our current provision.
2) It is right that we communicate with our stakeholders openly and honestly at this stage and we are proud of our record in this area.
3) The financial pressures faced by our schools are shared by the vast majority of secondary schools in South Gloucestershire and elsewhere in the country.
4) The range of options presented in our original communication are just options at this stage. We will continue to review and assess in the coming weeks and months to ensure that we continue to manage the funding we receive from the government wisely as public money.
5) We will continue to keep our parents/carers and students informed as we value the open dialogue with them in deciding how best to plan our educational provision.
Please be assured that our focus remains on providing the very best education for all the young people within The Olympus Academy Trust. Our schools are thriving, purposeful places to learn and we fully expect this to continue for the long-term. Dave Baker, CEO.